Discover Our Covid-19 Safety Protocols
We’re so excited to see you at the studio again!
Safety is our #1 priority! We have put policies and procedures in place in accordance with the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, and the Ontario Ministry of Health.
UPDATE for Stage 3 – July 16, 2021
Masks are required for everyone (going into Grade 1 this September and older, unless exempt, based on the Ontario Ministry of Health Guidelines) inside our facility in common areas such as our store, office, hallways and waiting room. Once inside the studio and within a designated “box”, masks can be removed for dancing, because physical distancing of 2 meters takes place.
- Before you leave the house to come to the studio Parents/Guardians will:
- Click here to complete this electronic screening tool, daily, before arriving at Collingwood School of Dance.
- Have your child use the washroom to limit their number of washroom visits while at the studio.
- If your child, or anyone in your household is sick or has been around someone that is sick they cannot come to the studio.
- Campers will enter and exit the building from the front door.
- Students dancing in the upstairs studio will enter and exit the building through the front door, and Students dancing in the downstairs studio will enter and exit the building through the side door.
- Upstairs students will use the upstairs washroom.
- Downstairs students will use the downstairs washroom.
- Common areas in our building (waiting room and change room) will be closed until further notice.
- Parents and guests are not permitted in the building to wait during camps or classes.
- Customers are permitted to enter the building to purchase uniforms, speak to our Customer Success Team in the office, and tour the facility when classes are not running. If possible, please contact the office (705) 293-7722 to schedule an appointment, so that we can plan and prepare for your arrival.
- When you arrive line up outside at least 6 feet apart. Only one designated parent or guardian should drop off and pick up to encourage safe distancing.
- Before a student enters our facility we will ask if you have completed your child’s daily screening tool (available here).
- If not, a QR scan code will be available on the studio window, so you can scan and complete the daily screening questions.
- After successful completion your child will be given hand sanitizer (or you can request that we take them to wash their hands with soap and water) before enter our facility.
- Children going into grade 1 as of September 2021 and older are required to wear masks in our facility, unless exempt.
- At the end of class, children will be released to their parent/guardian at the same door they arrived.
In The Studio
- Our studios are limited a capacity of 16 people, spaced 2 meters apart
- Inside the studio each student will have their own spot marker on the floor.
- Staff, teachers and assistants will wear masks when physical distancing cannot take place (helping with washroom breaks, opening containers, or zipping up jackets).
- We will ensure that students and staff use hand sanitizer before and after each class.
- Parents will clearly label all of their child’s belongings, bags, shoes, snack containers, and water bottles with their name.
- We will not be dancing with props or playing on equipment until further notice. With the exception of each student using their own Acro mat, which is cleaned at the end of every class.
- Parents are encouraged to schedule an appointment to get their child’s uniform, or dancewear requirements before their first class.
Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitizing Procedures
- Staff sanitize high touch surfaces such as door knobs, light switches, toilet seats and handles, and faucets at the start of each day, and twice throughout the day.
- Staff sanitize surfaces in the studio after every class: barres, knobs, railings, Acro mats, etc..