COVID-19 Safety Protocols
We’re so excited to see you at the studio again!
Safety is our #1 priority! We have put policies and procedures in place in accordance with the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, and the Ontario Ministry of Health.
UPDATE for Stage 3 – August 25, 2021
Please wear a face covering inside our facility in common areas such as the store, office, hallways, and waiting room. Once inside the dance studio, Dancers will be spaced 2 meters apart, and we are following capacity limits.
When you don’t have to wear a face covering (according to the Ontario Government):
- are engaged in a fitness activity (dancing)
- children under 2
- have a medical condition that inhibits your ability to wear a face covering
- are unable to put on or remove your face covering without help from someone else
- are receiving accommodations according to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 or the Human Rights Code
- as necessary for health and safety purposes
- Before you leave the house to come to the studio please:
- Complete the Ontario COVID-19 school and child care screening here and follow it’s guidance on whether or not to attend.
- Have your child use the washroom to reduce their number of washroom visits while at the studio.
- If your child has been identified as a “close contact”, or if your child or anyone in your household are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms (fever, chills, cough, croup, shortness of breath, decrease or loss of taste or smell, sore throat or difficulty swallowing, runny or congested nose, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, extreme tiredness or muscle aches) they cannot come to the studio.
Season 15 Procedures – Updated August 25, 2021
- Students dancing in the upstairs studio will enter and exit the building through the front door.
- Students dancing in the downstairs studio will enter and exit the building through the side door.
- Login to your account here and look at the “location” next to your child’s class to confirm.
- Upstairs studio students will use the upstairs washroom.
- Downstairs studio students will use the downstairs washroom.
- Our waiting room will continue to remain closed until further notice, and parents and guests will not be able to wait inside the building during classes.
- Customers may enter the building to get uniforms, speak to our office team, and tour the facility when classes are not running. If possible, please contact the office (705) 293-7722 to schedule an appointment, so that we can plan and prepare for your arrival.
- Students will be greeted at the door by their teacher, or another Collingwood School of Dance team member, and will be brought to their spot inside the dance studio.
- At the end of class students will be released to their guardian from the same door, before the next class is let in.
In The Studio
- Our studios are limited to a capacity of 16 people, spaced 2 meters apart.
- Inside the studio each student will have their own spot marker on the floor.
- Staff, teachers, and assistants will wear masks when physical distancing cannot take place (helping with washroom breaks, opening containers, or zipping up jackets, etc.).
- Parents, please clearly label all of your child’s belongings (bags, shoes, snack containers, and water bottles) with their name.
- Acro mats and ballet barres will be cleaned at the end of every class.
Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitizing Procedures
- Staff sanitize high touch surfaces such as door knobs, light switches, toilet seats and handles, and faucets at the start of each day, and twice throughout the day.
- Staff sanitize surfaces in the studio after every class: barres, knobs, railings, Acro mats, etc..