Discover Our Covid-19 Safety Protocols
We’re so excited to get back into the studio and see our dancers again!
Safety is our #1 priority! We have put policies and procedures in place in accordance with the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, and the Ontario Ministry of Health.
- NEW for Phase 3: Masks are required inside our facility in common areas such as our store, office, hallways and waiting room. Once inside the studio and within a designated “box”, masks can be removed, because physical distancing can take place.
- Before you leave the house to come to dance you will:
- Check your child’s temperature.
- Have them use the washroom to limit their number of washroom visits while at the studio.
- If your child, or anyone in your household is sick or has been around someone that is sick they cannot come to the studio.
- Students dancing in the upstairs studio will enter and exit the building through the front door, and Students dancing in the downstairs studio will enter and exit the building through the back door.
- Upstairs students will use the upstairs washroom.
- Downstairs students will use the downstairs washroom.
- Common areas in our building (waiting room and change room) will be closed until further notice. We will revisit the ability for students to wait in the change room in between classes, as we get closer to the fall.
- Parents and guests are not permitted in the building to wait during classes.
- Customers are permitted to enter the building to purchase uniforms, speak to our Customer Success Team in the office, tour the facility when classes are not running, and to drop off their child if their child is under the age of 6. If possible, please contact the office (705) 293-7722 to schedule an appointment so that we can plan and prepare for your arrival.
- When you arrive line up outside at least 6 feet apart. Only one designated parent or guardian should drop off and pick up to encourage safe distancing.
- Before a student enters our facility we will ask them standard Covid-19 screening questions, and record their answers in a screening document including:
- What was your child’s temperature before coming today?
- Is your child experiencing any of the Covid-19 symptoms?
- Has your child been identified as close contact?
- Does anyone in your house have any of the Covid-19 symptoms?
- Has your child traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- These are standard questions required by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit.
- After successful completion your child will enter our facility and pass their outdoor shoes & jacket to their parent/guardian.
- Students are only permitted to bring a bag with their dance shoes and water bottle into the building with them.
- A Class Assistant or Customer Success Team Member will guide them to the washroom to wash their hands and then bring them to their studio.
- We have hand sanitizer available at both entrances, but for children under 5 years old our protocol will be hand washing over using hand sanitizer due to their age and the use of alcohol in hand sanitizer.
- At the end of class, children will wash their hands and meet their parent/guardian at the same door they arrived at (their parent will bring their jacket and shoes).
In The Studio
- Our studios are large enough to fit up to 20 people with 6×6 foot spacing. We have the floors marked out for up to 14 students, 1 assistant and 1 teacher per studio. However, our class numbers will depend on the current Public Health requirements.
- Inside the studio each student will have their own numbered spot marker on the floor, with a 6 x 6 foot box surrounding them. That number will correspond to a hook on the wall, also spaced 6 feet apart, for their bag/water bottle.
- Staff, teachers and assistants will wear masks when physical distancing cannot take place (helping with washroom breaks).
- We will ensure that students and staff perform proper hand washing before and after each class.
- Parents will clearly label all of their belongings and water bottles with their name.
- We will not be dancing with props or playing on equipment until further notice. With the exception of each student using their own Acro mat, which will be cleaned at the end of every class.
- Parents are encouraged to get their students uniform before their first class to limit the number of people in the building during the first few weeks of classes.
Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitizing Procedures
- Staff will sanitize high touch surfaces such as door knobs, light switches, toilet seats and handles, and faucets at the start of each day, and every hour while classes are going on.
- Staff will sanitize surfaces in the studio after every class: barres, Acro mats, and floors.
- Staff will help students ages 5 and under to wash their hands in the washroom at the end of each class, and will provide sanitizer to students 6 years old and older at the end of each class.