Our last day of regular classes is Saturday, May 30, 2015. Dress Rehearsal Week will take place at our New Location: 10114 Hwy 26, Unit #1, Collingwood, ON L9Y 3Z1(Just past Elephant Thoughts and across from the Hyundai Dealership) from June 2nd to 4th.
Please follow this link: http://collingwoodschoolofdance.ca/recital/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to see which show your child is dancing in.
12pm show – 4:40-7:00pm on Tuesday, June 2nd at the new studio
3pm show – 4:40-7:00pm on Wednesday, June 3rd at the new studio
6pm show – 4:40-7:00pm on Thursday, June 4th at the new studio
Please remember the following for Dress Rehearsal Week:
- Arrive on time for dress rehearsal – 4:40pm to change into costume, rehearsal is from 5:00-7:00pm
- With stage make and performance hair style completed (there is not room/time for everyone to do hair and makeup at the studio, please do this at home before coming)
- With all costumes, shoes and tights in one costume bag
- With correct tights, hairpieces and shoes
- Do not wear any jewelry, wrist bands, nail polish or toenail polish for acro and lyrical
- If you are in dances that require you to change from beige to pink tights please wear your beige tights at all times and just put your pink tights over top for ballet
- We sell nude coloured bodysuits for students that prefer not to completely undress during costume changes. They can be worn under costumes at all times.
We greatly appreciate your preparedness for this important event that the students and staff have been working towards since September 2014.
What is a dress rehearsal and why is it so important?
It is important to us at CSD, that students receive proper dance training and learn the realistic expectations and procedures for performing in the real world. This not only serves our students that may become professional performers, but it also teaches everyone about the theatre, stage, giving presentations, and preparing for big events.
- Dancers are required to follow our stage makeup tutorial online, to ensure that they look heathy and their facial features stand out under the professional stage lighting. Dress rehearsal allows us to see that everyone is applying their makeup properly and looks uniform together.
- Specific hairstyles are to be worn for every dancer so that everyone looks put together and uniform on stage allowing the “dance and performance” to stand out.
- At dress rehearsal we teach students about the marks on the stage floor and how they are used to keep clean lines and spacing in a routine. We also teach students about stage terminology, like “wings, stage right and left, upstage and downstage”.
- Dress rehearsal gives dancers in more then one dance a chance to practice quick changing from one dance into another, and gives them an idea of how long they have to get out of one costume and into the next.
- This is the only time that all of the dancers in the show get to practice their finale routine all together.
- Finally, it allows staff to smooth out any kinks in the show and make final changes so that our performances run quickly and efficiently!
Our entire studio is working as a team to make these performances a success. When a student is missing, late or leaves early it can make it difficult for staff and students to correct spacing.